So I've been having a hard time sleeping while the boys sleep.. mostly because my mind wont slow down and I keep thinking about all the things I could be doing! The other day, my mom gave me a tip that has done wonders... counting backwards from 100. I haven't made it to 1! It reminds of seeing people in the movies going into surgery and are told to count down from 20 and are knocked out by like 5 or something! I also try to picture the number in my mind which keeping my mind from wandering too much. And if it does start to wander I just put it right back on the count-down! It's a great way to stop all my thoughts from keeping awake! I've actually been able to get decent naps the past few days! I know it sounds silly - but it totally works for me!!! Just thought I'd share!
3 comments:
I have never been able to sleep when kennedy sleeps. I totally have sleep issues. I am going to try that...but for some reason I think I may have a harder time than you did. haha! I just can't sleep during the day period. Oh, and how often does Makoa sleep? Kennedy only takes 2 half hour naps a day. The kid never sleeps!
I will have to try that. I have the same problem, I just can't turn my brain off.
I have to really concentrate on pictureing numbered sheep slowly jumping over a fence. Lame, I know, but when my mind just really won't shut up, I have to have more visualations to focus on to shut everything else out. I also tend to loose count, so I end up starting over again ant 100 when I hit the 70s, but it works!
Post a Comment