This more of a "for the record" than anything else. (I will eventually put my blog posts into a book, like the blurb one.)
Poor Cam. The strangest things are happening to his body since we moved to Hawaii. On top of random Anxiety attacks (relatively minor, thank goodness), his eczema has flared up and his allergies have not gone away completely for 9 months! Now, to top it off, a few days ago Cam got a few boils under his arm and the last 3 days it's only gotten worse! So this morning he went to the doctor to see what was going on and to make sure it's not staph (its not. THANKGOODNESS!). I didn't go with him because it was the babies' nap time by the time he was ready to go. Plus, I figured it would just be a check up and they would give him something for the pain... right? WRONG!
The doctor tells him that he has a huge boil spreading UNDER the skin and it has no where to release so he had to cut it open in a couple places and drain it. If you know Cam, you know he does NOT do well with needles... and the doc poked him a bunch of times to "numb" the area... but Cam reported that it didn't numb so well so he stuck Cam a couple more times... THEN dug the infection out of his arm!!! So sad. By the time Cam drove himself home he had a burning fever and almost unbearable pain in his arm. He got three prescriptions, 1 for the pain (percocet) and 2 kinds of antibiotics. Poor guy is drugged up and still in pain anytime his arm even flexes!
Needlesstosay, we didn't see that coming! He'll go back on Saturday and probably have to do it again to make sure it's all drained. I feel so terrible for him.
On top of that, baby Ziek just didn't want to sleep in his bed and has been needing to be carried ALL DAY... and Makoa is now attached to my hip and wants more attention then I can give him. At one point Ziek was super fussy and seemed to be hungry (which I swear was impossible! I've been feeding him like every 45 minutes!) so my mom took him because Makoa was at his wits end because he was soooo tired (He eventually fell asleep in my arms while I was finishing my canned soup for dinner), and Cam needed help reapplying the bandages. Yes, we had a rough couple of hours until all three of them zonked out. Why am I still awake? I don't know. I suppose it's mostly out of fear that as soon as I really get to sleep - someone is going to need me!
We'll get through it. And if I survive, I will be a better woman because of it. :) Hmmm... interesting how this post ended up being about me... :)
1 comment:
oh, alicia, i feel for you! i mean, i know how it feels to have two kids that need you (at the same time, always), and then on top of that, to have to tend to your husband, too. yes, my husband is scared of needles too. hopefully things are going a lot better! moments of insanity keep us on our toes!
Post a Comment