Today, we went to Kealia Beach. I actually GOT IN THE WATER and played in the waves! I can't even describe how wonderful it felt to play in the ocean! It's been so long since I actually played as hard as my son! We dug little pools for Makoa and Elody while Ka'imi slept, and rode on the bodyboard while Josh pulled us around! Makoa and I had fun just playing in the small waves, then my mom watched him for my while I went out swimming with the big kids. A few waves rocked me - but I loved it! It felt so good to feel the pull of the waves along my body and hair. Incredibly refreshing. It's sad that we've lived here for almost a year and I haven't played in the waves until today. Life changes when you have kids. It's great to have family to help out, especially on occasions like this!
(below) Tyler after a quick surf sesh

(above) My mom. She rocks! (Below) Makoa and me playing with the sand
(below) Joshua pulling us on the bodyboard because Makoa didn't want to do it by himself (yet!).





1 comment:
i agree about being in the ocean, it can make you feel so free. i love being able to swim, especially on the north shore where it is deep and the water is clean and clear. being weightless in the water and playing in the waves is very soothing.
Post a Comment