Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Day at the Zoo!

There are LOTS of pictures to share from our family adventure at the Hogle Zoo! Let me just say that Makoa Loved it!!! He was such a trooper and we ended up staying a lot longer than we thought they would last! His favorites were the Elephants, Zebras (Oh! The ZEBRAS!!! haha), Giraffes, snakes, tortoise,  and the lemurs! It was such a beautiful day we just had to take advantage of it! We're so glad we did! (I'll comment on some of the pictures...)

*disclaimer: being an aspiring photographer, I have to tell you that all of these photos are PRE-Editing. There are a few that I'm saving to touch up and then I'll share - so don't judge me too harshly!

20apr 004 20apr 007

(below)He only posed for this picture because I told him he was taking a picture with the Lemur (he was singing "Move it Move it" when he saw these critters!), notice the Lemur unfocused to his right. 

20apr 023 20apr 026

20apr 037

We were trying to get a picture with the black bear, but Makoa wasn't having it. He decided that if he covered my mouth, I couldn't instruct him to look at daddy and smile... haha. (Also, my photographic debut)

20apr 041 20apr 044

Makoa loved the zebra! He was soooo excited to see them! It was precious.

20apr 057

Throwing a fit because he wanted to go into the giraffe building and we had walked right past it! He threw himself on the path, making passer-byers laugh. I had to snap a picture. So. Dramatic!

20apr 066

It took him a minute to figure these out. But once he saw some other children playing on them, he decided it was ok to get close!

20apr 071

I tried to have a little photo shoot right here because the lighting was great!

20apr 082 20apr 084 20apr 08520apr 096 20apr 106

We stopped for lunch (PB&J, Baby!!) and then got a few treats at the shop. Ka'imi did not know what to do with the cotton candy, it was so funny! But then he figured it out! 

20apr 119 20apr 121 20apr 123 20apr 135 20apr 140 20apr 141

20apr 147 20apr 154

Again, not too sure about these statues... until daddy showed him just how fun they can be! haha

20apr 176 20apr 177 20apr 179 20apr 183

We sat for a while and just watched the elephants eat... among other things (yes, we were "lucky" enough to see them pee and poop... Makoa and Cam's favorite part of the day, I think! haha)

20apr 195

Ka'imi getting tired while Makoa played at the playground...

20apr 221 20apr 242 20apr 247

Over all, I gave the day a 10!!! I love doing fun stuff like this with my little family!

4 comments:

Carli said...

so fun! wish I could have gone. let's go soon!

Missy Mauch said...

I loved the pictures of Ka'imi eating the cotton candy! His little blue mouth is too cute!

sheila said...

ka'imi is getting so big!!! and I like the same hair do's on dad and son. CUTE!

Jessica said...

Great pictures you aspiring photographer! What a fun day at the zoo. Glad the boys and parents had a good time. Did you guys find a place to move to? Where are you at now?