Monday, April 4, 2011

Sprinter = Spring + Winter.

It’s pretty cold this morning, and everything is covered in frost. Yesterday, everything was covered in a thin sheet of snow. When will Spring decide to stay? The warmth and bright colors are rejuvenating and energizing. When it is warm and sunny, it makes me want to get out there and be in the world! I realize that Utah’s weather is unpredictable, particularly this time of year, and that when those warm, Spring days come, you must be ready at a drop of a hat to take advantage of it, because tomorrow… you may need your snow gear.

I guess my real longing is for Summer. Spring is beautiful, but Summers are always warm, even hot. So hot, in fact that after a month of two, I’m looking forward to Fall, when things will cool down again. And while Fall is mesmerizingly beautiful, it is preceded by Winter. Winter comes and after the first good snowfall, I am ready for Spring, but Winter will over stay its welcome by about 8 months. Thus are the seasons here in Utah… at least in American Fork.

1 comment:

Cam E. O. said...

haha. I remember when you moved here and lived at your Grandma's, huddled under a blanket because summer was too cold. :O)