We spent some of the morning at "baby" beach (Fuji Beach) where the boys played in the sand with their sand toys and eventually got in the water. It was pretty windy and though the water wasn't cold, the air was. Really, though they had so much fun digging holes and exploring. Cameron took them for a walk along the reef and we found a small sand turtle (looks kind of like a sand crab), a tiny Portuguese Man-o-War ("pocho") and an opihi shell. They climbed the rocks and tried to build and castles. Ikaika had no problem getting comfortable with the sand, and he had no problem eating it. He was so fun to watch, he's such a curious guy. I did get a few pictures, and some video to remember the day.
 |
| this is a great shot of Ka'imi's tan line in the background... ;) |
After the beach, we got lunch and ate it at the Coconut Market place where Makoa and Ka'imi chased pigeons and myna birds to their hearts content. Got some of that in video, too. =)
When we got back to my parents house, Cameron played with the boys in the pool, just in case they didn't have enough fun in the sun earlier ;)
I got a nap, and after that we picked plumerias to make leis for my brother, Tyler who was coming home from his 2 year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! We met up at the airport with the rest of our family and many friends who are like family.
It was so wonderful and surprisingly emotional to see him again after two years! He looks great, so handsome and grown up. My dad has a bunch of pictures from the airport, I'll try to add later today. It was just great.
 |
| My siblings (missing Ryan who passed away in 2006). |
 |
| States & Cram families |
 |
| Dad, Tyler & Mom |
 |
| Ka'imi & Makoa with Uncle Tyler |
 |
| Tyler & Mom! |
After the airport, I went shopping with Megan for something to wear for the family pictures we're taking this weekend. It was successful. =)
All in all, another really great day! Cameron only has one more week here and there is so much planned and so much we still want to do! He is going to hike Hanakapi'ai with my brothers today. I am kind of sad because he's never hiked it before and I really really wanted to go, but I've been trying to listen to my body better lately, and I just don't think I could do it. It's a pretty strenuous hike and it kicked my butt when I was a teenager. Being pregnant and just a tad under the weather... well, I think it would be much wiser if I sit this one out. I know I will miss out on an incredible experience, but I am glad Cameron will be able to experience it.
1 comment:
The beach looks so beautiful! Looks like lots of fun. I bet it's nice to be with all of your family again!
Post a Comment