Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Positive Energy

I'm so content right now.

I have "liked" and joined in a few groups that encourage women to be okay with who they are right now. Beauty Refined focuses on not buying into the lies that media sells us. We don't have to look a certain way and we are much more than what we look like. The Body Image Movement encourages women to accept their bodies (particularly post-baby bodies) and LOVE our bodies no matter what they look like! My friend, Wendi started a FB group call Ladies Keeping it Real, encouraging women to share their REAL lives and not just the highlight reels we often see from friends.

I am so ok with my life right now. Sure, there is plenty for me to work on... but I really don't care what anyone else thinks of me. I truly believe that anyone worth having in my life will except me for me. Not for who they think I should be.

I am tired of drama. I don't get worked up easily and if I do it's only while I privately process and evaluate a situation. I'm not talking about any one person in particular, but I've had enough negative experiences this year to realize that I only have so much energy. My relationship with my children and spouse are my first priority.  I decide what relationships I spend my positive energy on and whether or not I should spread any of my negative energy (I really try not to).

Learning to manage my emotions and to  manage my life to maximize my positive energy has been an amazing experience and it's not over yet!

Random, random random post, I know. But that's where my head's at right now!


No comments: