Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Country Life.... in real life...

It's been adventure after adventure out here! I want to do better at documenting them, so sometimes I just email my parents or write in my journal...  some of the cool things that have happened/we've seen this year are...

Apaprently there is a resident Bald Eagle. I've seen him once, and Makoa and Cameron have seen him on a few occasions! I've never seen one in the wild before. I didn't believe it was an eagle when Makoa told me it was... as we drove closer (it was about 10 yards off the road) it was totally a bald eagle!!! So cool.

We saw an antelope get hit by a car! It survived with a hurt leg. The car was coming the opposite directions as us and the antelope ran out into the road between us and the car hit it.

We are definitely in the country! I'm still deciding how I feel about it. Mostly, I love it, but I really miss my friends and old neighborhood in American Fork. It's been kind of a hard adjustment for me... even thought I'd say I'm adjusting well over-all.


No comments: