Friday, May 23, 2008

Successful Outing. Fablehaven. Manchester United.

Miscellaneous ramblings. You know you love 'em. First, I would like to let everyone know that Ezekiel and I had a rather successful outing today! I wont go into details, just a brief rundown. Ate Breakfast (essential!). Dropped Makoa off with my parents who were at the Elementary school for my little sisters May Day. Took Ziek to his 2 week check up  - 7lbs 10oz! Which, we got to on time! I brought the stroller this time - SO MUCH EASIER. After the Dr appointment, Ziek had to have a little more blood drawn because "they" weren't supposed to draw these particular blood tests until after he was 24 hours old... so we had to get them re done. Thankfully, he did just fabulous. Afterward, I daringly went to Walmart to get a baby monitor and other misc things... he slept the whole time. And feeling a bit like super woman, decided to do a little WIC shopping. Came home, Makoa was napping and my sister, Megan, wanted to take him to the beach when he woke up... so I fed Ziek and we took a nice long (whole 2 hours ish) nap of our own! Not too shabby. I dare say I'm just about feeling human again.

So while I'm cooped up in my room feeding and waiting for Ziek to wake up, I've been reading "Fablehaven" by Brandon Mull. If you're into faeries and magical creatures, this is a fun, light hearted book with a little bit of adventure. I'm  more then halfway done. It's probably just a tad bit healthier then surfing the internet for a ridiculous amount of hours... which I am guilty of. Next trip to Lihue I'm going to Border's to get Stephenie Meyer's "The Host". I read an excerpt on her website and I'm already intrigued...

Cameron and the boys (Malu, Ty and Makoa) are over at the Greenleaf's watching the Man United vs. Chelsea game that Aunty Stella recorded. We already know everything that happens... but they just had to watch it for themselves... and I am home with Ziek. Cam said the game will be over soon and he will come pick us up (I cant stand watching soccer on TV right now, even though Cristiano Ronaldo is way  cute!).

And can I just say that it's 8pm and I am SWEATING LIKE A PIG! (do pigs even sweat? who came up with that phrase? It's dumb.) What the heck?! My room is so stinkin' hot! My fans suck. Add that to my list. I think we need to take a little trip to Koke'e just to cool off! (No, just jumping into the ocean wont suffice :p) Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Gibson Gang said...

Hey there! Love your new look! The pics at the top are GREAT! You won't believe who we saw this morning! We ran into Malu and Ty at the Laie Temple after doing a session! What a neat surprise. We leave next week... sad. We've had soooo much fun over the past 2 months. I'm loving following you on your blog lately... I'll keep in touch!