Friday, October 31, 2008

Urgency.

Do you feel it? 

I woke up this morning, overwhelmed in it. As most of you know our situation, we can hardly be classified as "prepared". And this thought alone seems to be eating me alive.

Clearly our economy is struggling. And we know from prophesy, the worst is yet to come. It may be in a month, it may be in a year, or 5 or 10 - but it is coming. Whether we are prepared or not.

I appreciate the emails I get regarding emergency preparedness. I so appreciate those few others who feel the urgency as well, and are doing what they can to prepare for the unknown calamity that may befall us. You are such an example to me!

Do you feel the urgency?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel it. Part of me working is to have money in savings. But at the same time its not a time to panic. I feel that if we are truly doing ALL that we can. That Heavenly Father is aware of our efforts and will provide when we fall short. He loves us more than we know. He does not want to see us suffer. Love ya!!

Moss Family said...

Yes... I certainly feel it and have asked my family to only gift us with preparedness-type gifts this year, so I am getting a solar oven for Christmas. Who would have thought? I think it is definitely a tool of Satan's to have us "buy-in" to the mainstream consumerism trend that we NEED everything the media advertises.

I have been chipping away slowly at the daunting task of a years supply of food and savings... SLOW but sure, we will make it, and so will you. But, the assurance comes in knowing that you will be blessed for your efforts no matter how great or small. At least there are many around you prepared so that they can share their goods with you if you fall short... the beauty of wards and stakes and a loving Heavenly Father. :)

Moss Family said...

Oh... and I had never seen that Food Storage Blog so I took a button for our blog. Thanks!

Jessica said...

I feel it! I am taking it a step at a time and really trying to get things together. The your hair by the way! love it dark and the new cut is cute!