Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Day at Lawai Beach

We went to the south shore on Thursday to find some sun! Makoa is a freaking fish… that doesn’t quite know how to swim yet! Ka’imi on the other hand wouldn’t put a toe in the water! In his defense, it was cold (well, Hawaii-cold, anyway). But when Aunty Megan took them to explore the tide pools, Ka’imi was all about the crab she found. Not scared one bit… and go figure, Makoa wouldn’t touch it and kept saying “I hate that crab!”.  He was a little more courageous with the itty-bitty hermit crabs, though – so there’s hope! We saw a turtle swimming the ocean and played in the sand (of course!). Then just before we were about to leave, I “remembered” that I wanted to take some pictures (not just video) but didn’t dare bring my camera onto the beach, so we played on the grassy area across the street from the ocean. You may recognize it. ;)

1Apr 054 1Apr 065 1Apr 089 1Apr 150 1Apr 185 1Apr 200

Did I mention it was windy? Well, it was. 

1 comment:

cambersue said...

Hey! I've seen that place before! How fun you get to go home for a little visit. How is everyone doing? Has Tyler left on his mission yet? What is Megan doing? How old are Josh and Steph? Tell everyone we say hi!