Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kealia Beach Photo Shoot

(Taken April 20, 2010)

20Apr 053 20Apr 063 20Apr 110 20Apr 115 20Apr 139 20Apr 161 20Apr 171 20Apr 201 20Apr 279 20Apr 341 20Apr 372 20Apr 388 20Apr 411-2 20Apr 630

When Makoa was 20 months old, I had a little photo shoot with him at this same spot with his jeans on – no shirt. I think it  would be neat to have a photo shoot at this same spot  every time we go back!

Do you recognize the Michael Jackson moves? lol (If you didn’t, it inspired picture #2)

This photo shoot was pretty much a mother’s nightmare. Makoa would not be “normal” or just give me a REAL smile! He’s such a ham in front of the camera.

Ka’imi was pretty much traumatized. He didn’t like the wind. He didn’t like the sound of the waves. He didn’t like the water. He didn’t want to walk on the sand. He didn’t want to look the camera… (I could go on). He was only  content being held, or sitting, securely, on a big rock.

It’s a miracle I got the shots I did. It would probably have put me in the loony bin if my brother, Josh, wasn’t there with us. He and I were all but doing hand stands to try and get them to look. Trying to get them to take a picture together was an utter and complete failure. I have approximately ZERO “nice” pictures of them together.

But life goes on.

And as the years pass, I’m positive I will absolutely cherish these photos, and all but forget what I went through to get them… ;)

No comments: