Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Breakfast, Bon Fires & a Movie

On Monday (yesterday), we went to breakfast at Scotty's breakfast buffet in Kapa'a with Megan, Josh & Stephanie. After breakfast we explored along the ocean on the rocks for a little while and then the boys/guys attempted to climb a coconut tree. (Thanks, Megan for the pictures!)
The view from breakfast






I took a nap and Cameron hung out with the boys. He leaves this evening, and I'm trying not to think too much about it. We've had so much fun the past 2 weeks, and I know that 90% of the fun is because of him. Fun radiates from that man. We will be here for four more weeks, and I'm positive we'll have a blast... but it just won't be quite the same...

In the evening, we met up with some friends at the beach for a bon fire! The weather was perfect. The waves were glassy and the sets were beautiful. Cameron, Josh & Tyler spent most of the evening in the water. The rest of us roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, visited and played with the kids. When it got dark I walked along the beach with Makoa and Ka'imi to catch sand crabs. Makoa caught a smallish one (not a tiny one), and Ka'imi reached to pick up a decent sized one without hesitation until it pinched him (latched on is a better description), and he freaked out. He was pretty hysterical for a minute after he flung it off and kept saying that he hates big crabs. Once he calmed down and assessed the situation (no blood, just a pinch that really startled him, he was ready to go look for more with Josh & Cameron (though he wouldn't go near any). They had a blast.


Aunty Megan gave Makoa a "tattoo"

this is the only picture I got of Ka'imi... that is an excited expression in case you were wondering...

Makoa with a tiny sand crab

We came home, put the boys to bed and then went out to watch The Avengers again with some friends. It was still awesome the second time.




No comments: