Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight: My Review.

I really liked it. I waited to watch it with Cameron, and I'm glad I did. Now, I didn't LOVE it... but I enjoyed it. And I'll watch it again.

Disclaimer: If you haven't seen it and you don't want anything to be "spoiled" you probably shouldn't read this.

Things I LIKED:

Jacob Black. I wasn't too sure about Shark Boy... but for the first "book" he did fine. I'm wondering if they'll keep him, and if they do... how will he personify THE Jacob Black? He's cute enough.

ALICE! I loved her! She was PERFECT! I loved the baseball scene! She even pitched how I imagined she might!

Charlie. Younger than I imagined, but he was great! I think they nailed the Bella/Charlie relationship.

Bella. Yah, at first I wasn't too sure about her and some of the lines did not flow for me. But she grew on me and really delivered in the Ballet Studio scene!

Emmet. He was perfect.

The fight scene with James. Awesome!

The baseball scene. Thoroughly enjoyable!

Things I did NOT like:

The effects. Particularly the "speed" effects, and climbing the trees.I even laughed out loud at a few. The sparkling wasn't so bad.

Edward. I'm sorry, I thought he was pretty bad. I really liked him in a handful of scenes... but I think that first scene when she walks into the classroom and he quickly holds his nose... really killed it early. Edwards is supposed to be solid and unemotional - This was so not the case. He was way too emo! And the scene when he picks up Bella after those guys corner her... was that intended to be humorous?

Rosalie's hair. you could totally tell she had dark roots... and that really bugged me! Vampires DO NOT color their Hair!!

I could list more things... but the babie's need naps... I need to move on with my life.

Tell me your faves and dislikes...

5 comments:

Carli said...

I guess I am the opposite of you. I LOVED Edward..except he was kinda emo, but I really thought that bella was a TERRIBLE actress. haha! She shook her head WAY too much and I was embarrassed for her in the scene where she is in the hospital and does not want edward to leave her. I had to look away from the screen. I LOVED alice though. she is my fave. I only wish they could have shown her more. As for Jacob, I knew he was of indian decent, but did not picture him as a full on indian. he is cute though! Overall, I liked the movie...the effects were bad though. I hope they are better in the next movie!

The Griffin Crew said...

I agree with you 100% I feel edward was kind of a dud for me but it was a good show!!

Megan and Keli'i said...

I actually really liked Edward and thought Bella was a terrible actress. Keli'i liked the movie too, which I was excited about, since he didn't even want to see it. He loved the fast moving running scenes because he loves Sci/Fi and pictured them running like that. He said it would look funny no matter what they did because it IS so unrealistic to us humans...Anyway, overall good movie, entertaining and fun.

Stacey said...

OK, Alicia.. I LOVED it! I guess I went in with low enough expectations that I was not disappointed (and I read the book a way long time ago). It was hard for me to get used to Bella, I wish she would have took a deep breath or smiled or SOMETHING.. but I loved it. I am a TOTAL hopeless romantic and LOVED the way Edward looked at Bella (although some of his "intense" looks sometimes seemed a little more dazed than intense)... but overall... loved it... with the exception of Rosalie... she didn't work for me either.

kanaboke said...

I love, love, loooved the Baseball scene too! In fact, I loved it so much I added the song that played while they were playing, to my iPod Workout Playlist! The special effects made me laugh too and yup Way Too Emo Edward..c'Mon!! I hope New Moon follows the book and that he's out for most of it...hehehe!